- Twitter is a micro-blogging service, DO NOT use it as a chat room or instant messenger.
- If you have a message larger than 140 characters please use email/blogging service DO NOT Twitter. DO NOT split your messages into multiple tweets to avoid 140 character limit.
- Twitter is NOT intended to be used for huge conversations (avoid using more than 2 levels of @ replies). Stop cluttering the feeds of your followers unless you want them to go away.
- We DO NOT need your minute to minute updates unless you have something important or unique to say.
- DO NOT adopt the policy of “I follow you and you follow me“. Unless you are Ashton Kutcher/Larry King/CNN (Pun intended).
- Use “Re-Tweets” wisely. DO NOT Re-Tweet (RT) a message more than 2 times a day unless it is a life threatening issue/situation (better dial 911) .
- Last but not the least: DO NOT tweet for the sake of Twittering! (I know I’m breaking this rule by twittering the post but sorry can’t help it )
So now share your inputs about the above “Tweeting Policy”.
Happy Twittering! And Yes DO NOT forget to TWEET / RE-TWEET THIS!
- This post was written since I had nothing to Tweet about. I had to Tweet something.
- All ideas are purely based on author’s logical/illogical sense.
- Follow the advice AT YOUR OWN RISK. Author shall not be held responsible for any decrease in number of followers, though any increase can be attributed to the author .
- This post was (not) intended to hurt anyone’s feelings.
- All Twitterholics/TwitterManiacs please excuse my post.
- Netiquette = Network + Etiquette
Update: Saw a nice post on Mashable: “10 Twitter Best Practices for Brands”
Popularity: 1% [?]